Carlos and Bob discuss inflation and whether it spells the doom of life insurance, and thereby ruins the case for IBC. They conclude that rising interest rates per se don’t adversely impact life carriers, because of asset-liability matching. Moreover, when you practice IBC, you’re not “investing in life insurance.”
Mentioned in this episode and other links of interest:
- MarketWatch article on the inverted yield curve.
- Bob’s journal article with Ryan Griggs on the inverted yield curve and Austrian business cycle theory.
- “The Foundations of IBC” video series.
- Bob and Carlos’ book with Nelson, The Case for IBC.
- Their book, How Privatized Banking Really Works.
- The IBC Practitioner Finder.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.