Carlos and Bob critically assess the Fed’s $1.5 trillion repo operations, allegedly designed to stem market panic over the coronavirus. Bob observes that even Walter Bagehot’s famous dictum said central banks should lend freely *at a high rate of discount*.
Mentioned in this episode and other links of interest:
- Carlos and Bob’s September 2016 presentation, “How to Weather the Coming Financial Storms.“
- The documentary This Is Nelson Nash.
- Bob’s new series for the Mises Institute, Understanding Money Mechanics.
- Carlos and Bob’s book, How Privatized Banking Really Works.
- Bob’s analysis of the Fed’s latest emergency repo operations.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.