Our mission is to educate and inspire individuals to take control of their financial lives by reclaiming the banking function from outsiders.
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is a free society characterized by creative privatized banking solutions independent of government intervention. We recognize that true freedom incorporates financial freedom.
Who are we and what do we do?
We advocate a form of privatized “banking” for the public relying on Nelson Nash’s Infinite Banking Concept (IBC). This alternative financial strategy is superior in several dimensions when compared to traditional government-qualified plans.
We teach the public how to use Permanent Whole Life Insurance as the cash-flow management vehicle for implementing Infinite Banking. Our IBC Practitioner’s Program trains financial services professionals—including life insurance agents but also CPAs and attorneys—on how to properly structure whole life insurance policies as “banking” polices for their clients.
The Infinite Banking Concept is based on the premise that if a typical household, or business, owns the capability to perform the banking function, then it will will recapture volumes of interest traditionally paid to other financial entities (banks, mortgage companies, etc.). IBC is not about “investing in” life insurance. Instead, IBC uses properly structured life insurance policies that allow a household or business to conveniently manage cash-flow in a way that maintains control and access, while providing conservative yet consistent long-term growth.
The Nelson Nash Institute is named after the founder of the Infinite Banking Concept - Nelson Nash. Nash is also the author of the definitive book on the subject Becoming Your Own Banker. Nash is a firm believer in the “Austrian School” of economics (named after the origin of its founders), a school of thought stressing the economic benefits of individual liberty, sound money, and limited government. Nash has described IBC as “Austrian economics in action.”
The Nelson Nash Institute is unique in the educational/insurance/financial market place because we provide education on the theory and application of life insurance to both the general public and the financial services professional.
We are proponents of whole life insurance and believe we fill an important role in training financial professionals in the structure and design of this complex instrument. This training serves our overarching mission to educate and inspire the public on the personal and social benefits of IBC.
- We are the administrators of the Infinite Banking Concept (IBC) Practitioner's Program.
- We are consumer advocates for privatized or infinite banking.
- We endeavor to educate the American consumer in an age-old, practical financial philosophy, with the help of an educated financial services industry, in order to promote free enterprise through the practice of privatized banking by use of properly structured dividend-paying whole life insurance.
- We believe that this process will create a true savings and banking vehicle that will help enable the consumer to control their financial environment.
- We also believe that privatized banking through the use of properly structured participating whole life insurance policies will help minimize the role and significance of the commercial banking system in our lives.
- We do not sell an IBC marketing or sales system that can be used to sell life insurance.
- We believe in sharing information and profiting from shared knowledge.
- We have a Trademark usage policy.
- The term The Infinite Banking Concept (Infinite Banking Concepts) is Registered and Trademarked.
- The term Becoming Your Own Banker is Registered and Trademarked.
- The Becoming Your Own Banker book, Audio CD’s, and Seminar DVD’s are Copyrighted.
- Our Trademark usage policy is intended to restrict usage of IBC from those that willfully misrepresent it.