Bob and Carlos discuss the oddities in the official numbers, which show low unemployment but also low labor participation, and how the statistics don’t match their personal observations.
Mentioned in this episode and other links of interest:
- Scott Sumner’s blog post on whether US entered a recession in 1q 2022.
- A CNBC article explaining the surprisingly good jobs report for July.
- Bob’s new book on Understanding Money Mechanics.
- “The Foundations of IBC” video series.
- Bob and Carlos’ presentation, “How to Weather the Coming Financial Storms.”
- Bob and Carlos’ book with Nelson, The Case for IBC.
- The IBC Practitioner Finder.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.