Bob and Carlos discuss a recent Mercatus Policy Brief that documents how rising interest rates have caused the Fed to lose a trillion dollars in the value of its assets, and is now technically insolvent. Does it matter?
Mentioned in this episode and other links of interest:
- The Mercatus report explaining how the Fed lost a trillion dollars.
- Bob’s 2011 article explaining the Fed’s accounting change.
- Bob and Carlos’ presentation, “How to Weather the Coming Financial Storms.”
- Bob and Carlos’ book with Nelson, The Case for IBC.
- The IBC Practitioner Finder.
The audio production for this episode was provided by Podsworth Media.